Ingredients for dressing
• 1 Tbsp. Anchovy Paste
• 2 Cloves of Garlic
• 1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
• 2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
• 3 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
• 1 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• ¼ Cup plus 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
• 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese Grated
Ingredients for Salad
• 2 Heads Romaine Lettuce
• Croutons (Store bought or Homemade)
• Chunk of Parmesan for Shavings
Ingredients to Make your own Croutons
• 5 Slices Day Old Italian Bread
• 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
• 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
• Salt & Pepper
Mix first 5 ingredients together, put into blender. Add lemon juice and blend. Slowly drizzle extra virgin olive oil into blender while blending. Add parmesan and mix.
Wash and tear romaine lettuce. . Toss with dressing, croutons & shaved Parmesan.
(To shave Parmesan, use a vegetable peeler. Take the peeler and go down the side of the chunk of Parmesan cheese. Add as many shavings as you would like.)
Cut up the Italian bread into bite size chunks. Heat olive oil in a 10” saute’ pan over medium heat. Add bread, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Saute’ until crispy, be careful not to burn. Add to salad.