(Adapted from Seasons & Celebrations)
Serves about 8
• 2 Cups Organic Chicken Broth
• 4 oz. Dried Tart Cherries or Cranberries Chopped
• 1 TBSP Olive Oil
• 1 Cup Chopped Red or White Onion
• 2 TBSP Chopped Garlic
• 2 tsp. Finely Chopped Jalapeno (or more to taste)
• 1 Lb. Manchester-Farms Organic Grass-Fed Ground Beef
• 1 Roasted Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
• 1 TBSP plus Chili Powder (or more to taste)
• 1 ½ tsp. Ground Cumin
• 1 tsp. Ground Coriander
• 1 tsp. Dried Mustard
• ½ tsp. Dried Oregano
• 2 (14.5 oz.) Cans Chopped Fire-Roasted Tomatoes, Un-drained
• 1 (15 oz.) Can Black Beans, Drained & Rinsed
• ¼ Chopped Fresh Cilantro
Corn or Flour Tortilla Crushed, Chopped Red Onion, Sliced Avocado, Sour Cream
Heat 1 cup of broth in a saucepan until just simmering. Place cherries in a small bowl. Add hot broth and set aside.
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions, sauté’ until onion is soft, add garlic and jalapeno and cook about 1 minute. Add Ground Beef, cook and until no longer pink.
Add bell pepper, chili powder, cumin, coriander, mustard and oregano. Turn heat to med. high and cook. Stir occasionally, a couple of minutes. Add tomatoes and remaining broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncover and cook for 5 minutes.
Stir in beans, cilantro and cherry mixture and cook until thoroughly heated.
Serve with garnishes!