From Pasta Fresco one of my all-time favorite cookbooks by Viana La Place & Evan Kleiman- I found out about this cookbook from my sister, Jeanie who worked for Evan Kleiman years ago in L.A.
Preparation: 20 minutes
- ¾ cup plump, moist sun dried tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 2 bunches cleaned arugula, coarsely chopped
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
In a food processor with steel blade, process sundried tomatoes, garlic, red pepper flakes and olive oil. Process until it has a pesto texture. Scrape out the mixture to a small bowl.
Cook pasta in abundant boiling salted water, cook until al dente, drain.
Place pasta, pesto and arugula in a bowl and toss. Salt to taste.
Serve with Parmesan cheese.
I had this for the first time in Florence, Italy…I was amazed!
Serve with roasted potatoes or sweet potatoes or as a second course after pasta!
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. freshly chopped rosemary
- 4 (8) oz Manchester-Farms Organic Grass-Fed Delmonico
- 2 Bunches Arugula, washed & coarsely chopped
- 1 Lemon, cut into wedge
For marinate, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, Dijon, rosemary, salt & pepper to taste in a medium size bowl.
Use 1/2 marinate and add the steaks to it. I put it into a zip lock bag. Let it sit for 1 hour. (You do not want to go longer, because the citrus will start to cook the meat.)
Heat your grill to medium high.
Grill the steaks 4 minutes a side for medium rare.
Add the arugula to the remaining marinate and toss.
To serve arrange the arugula on each plate. Place the whole steak, or sliced steak on top of the arugula. Serve with lemon wedge on the side.