We had a family work weekend and I served this pasta, it was a great hit!!!
(A favorite, I serve this as a main course or a first course, followed by chicken cutlets and a fresh salad.)
- 2 cups sun dried tomatoes, oil packed & chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. hot pepper flakes
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled (French or Bulgarian Feta are my favorite)
- 1 pound spaghetti or fuselli pasta
- 1 tbsp. salt
Place sun-dried tomatoes with a ¼ cup of oil from the sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and hot pepper flakes into blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.
Heat water for pasta, when it comes to a boil add 1 tbsp. salt and pasta. Cook till al dente.
Toss pasta with sauce, parsley and feta.
From Pasta Fresco one of my all-time favorite cookbooks by Viana La Place & Evan Kleiman- I found out about this cookbook from my sister, Jeanie who worked for Evan Kleiman years ago in L.A.
Preparation: 20 minutes
- ¾ cup plump, moist sun dried tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 2 bunches cleaned arugula, coarsely chopped
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
In a food processor with steel blade, process sundried tomatoes, garlic, red pepper flakes and olive oil. Process until it has a pesto texture. Scrape out the mixture to a small bowl.
Cook pasta in abundant boiling salted water, cook until al dente, drain.
Place pasta, pesto and arugula in a bowl and toss. Salt to taste.
Serve with Parmesan cheese.